For My Mama

who said yesterday's post made her sad:

Here's D's haircut:  one thousand gifts #36:  barbers/hairstylists who make haircuts special for D




I hugged Ben as I helped him out of the van today and whispered I love you in his ear.  He responded with a kiss on my cheek and a smile, "I know.  You always love me."  one thousand gifts #36:  Ben's little arms around my neck, a kiss on the cheek, and a child who knows he's loved


















After playing with clay yesterday and praising the clay figures crafted by my youngest boys, Knox beamed and said, "This is the best day EVER!"  one thousand gifts #37:  joy in creating




Today we planted a seedling in the front yard.  When I told the boys, how proud I was of them.  Knox tackled me with a hug.  one thousand gifts #38:  being knocked over by affection


D helped me prepare for Kindermusik today and loved every minute of it.  one thousand gifts #39:  the light and joy music brings 

I read somewhere that just hearing your mother's voice decreases stress hormone production.  one thousand gifts #40:  having a mother who's never too busy for a phone call





Comments

  1. D is so handsome!
    And "you always love me" - how great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anne Katherine! I just opened up the blog to show him his pictures (he loves to see himself, especially on the computer!) and I was delighted to find your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW- Seeing you 2 days in a row has been such a treat! You are a treasure- loved laughing with you , and crying with you. You are awesome. Love you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Villanelle on Slavery

Tag! You're it! The Meme

Little Things